More Of MisenPOPic!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

MisenPOPic Update 1/2/10


I am finally caught up on the first three seasons of Friday Night Lights, and am willing to wait until April or May when the fourth season airs on NBC. Right now, the fourth season is only available exclusively on Direct TV. It is probably one of if not the best sports-themed drama ever produced for TV including realistic football action sequences and a great group of characters. If football isn't your thing but you love those high school dramas like 90210 and Smallville, then you'd probably enjoy this show also. The focal point of the show really isn't the actual game of football, but how it influences the small lower class town of Dillon, Texas. You really feel for these characters as they go through the same obstacles real teens go through each day. Ok, so I'm not a teen anymore! But this is a show I could relate some of my high school experiences too. There isn't one bland character on the show; each character has their own unique experiences and issues including not just the football players, but the coach and his family as well. Friday Night Lights is one of the only shows I can think of developed from a feature film that exceeds the original source material. I can't wait to start watching the show on a weekly basis to follow the escapades of Coach Taylor, Tim Riggins, Matt Saracen, and Landry. Also, there happen to be some really cute girls on the show including the lesbian chick in Landry's band who I'm expecting to see more of. FNL is one of the few shows that I didn't get into until late that the critics gush over even with terrible ratings. I'm glad I did, definitely worth the amount of time I spent catching up. But it's no Breaking Bad, Lost, or Dexter!

My wife actually wants to watch The Hangover tonight which gives me a grand opportunity to rewatch it to try and figure out what the buzz was all about. I thought it was funny when I saw it last summer, but was not nearly as funny as Bruno. It probably is a movie that gets funnier upon further viewings, or at least I hope that is the case. If my wife actually doesn't cringe at the gross-out humor and laughs, I'll be very happy. Worst case scenario is she falls asleep like usual, and I laugh out loud to myself. I might have to save Up for another day.

Hope everybody had a great new year! Here's hoping 2010 gives us more creative and though-provoking television, movies and music, and less TMZ, red tape, and worthless celebrities with no talent.

Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment