More Of MisenPOPic!

Friday, February 5, 2010

AC/DC's Brian Johnson Reiterates My Opinion of Celebs For Charity!


According to The Pulse of Radio, AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has lashed out at U2 frontman Bono and musician and Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof for their outspoken activism and public charity work.

In an interview with Australia's Herald Sun, Johnson said that he donates to charity but prefers to stay quiet about it, explaining, "I don't tell everybody they should give money — they can't afford it. When I was a working man, I didn't want to go to a concert for some bastard to talk down to me that I should be thinking of some kid in Africa. I'm sorry, mate, do it yourself, spend some of your own money and get it done."


AC/DC does not play charity events, even turning down a slot at Geldof's massive 1985 Live Aid global concert. Johnson said, "Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time, but it didn't work. The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity. Do a charity gig, fair enough, but not on worldwide television."

Source: Blabbermouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment