More Of MisenPOPic!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

MisenPopic Hot Trend Alert: Rock-A-Bye Baby Lullaby Renditions of AC/DC

I'm going to be a daddy come the end of April, and I plan on smothering my kid with pop culture. I've told people that there will be an 80 GB iPod in the cradle on continuous random shuffle to get the kid familiar with Duran Duran, ABBA, John Williams movie scores, Jim Johnston's wrestling themes, Dokken, and all the other great music in my collection. Some people are concerned that the kid might cry and be terrified if they hear hard rock power chords and lyrics about Satan and the lust for woman. Now I'm not sure I buy into this, but just to be safe and to make my relatives happy, I'll refrain from having the kid listen to AC/DC's actual music for his or her's first six months outside the womb. You know why? Because I found a great option, Rock-A-Bye Baby Lullaby Renditions of AC/DC.

Rockabye Baby is a company based in California consisting of music lovers who found a niche in the market to make classic hard rock songs listenable for children and to add a new spin to their parents. They are part of the CMH Record Label. Since 2006, Rockabye Baby has released 25 albums featuring the hits from hard rockers such as Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Tool, and U2. Although not appealing to me, there are also Rockabye Baby compilations for Kanye West, Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt, and even Bjork. It seems that celebrities also love these albums as Kirk Hammett admits he plays the Metallica album for his own son as does Joel Madden from Good Charlotte who admits playing his Radiohead album in the car to make rides around town easy for his kid.


Featuring the glockenspiel, vibraphone, mellotron and other instruments, it's really hard to tell if you are listening to Rock A Bye Baby, or Back In Black. Obviously, it doesn't feature the power chords that make AC/DC's songs memorable. The other issue I have with these songs is that it's really hard to detect the familiar melodies in some of the songs like Thunderstruck and Who Made Who. But if this album gets ingrained inside my kid's brain, and it puts them to sleep quickly, then the lottery has been won. Double bonus if it puts me to sleep as well.

Why haven't I thought of this? It's such an amazing idea!!! I always love finding original and creative concepts, and Rockabe Lullabies hit this one out of the park. I'm really excited about these compilations. Godspeed to Rockabye Baby Lullabies, a great idea for music lovers like myself who want to spread the love of hard rock music to their baby in a more appropriate and unique way.

The albums are reasonable priced at $16.98, and makes a great gift for the expectant parents, especially the future daddies. For more information on this great concept, check out http://rockabyebabymusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment