More Of MisenPOPic!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Little Nuggets 11/7/09

I keep putting off writing about the second Chiller show, even though it gives me such thrills when I actually write those kinds of articles. Is it because I'm still lazy, or is because of these damn headaches I've been getting from doing ab crunches at the gym? So instead of rehashing another Out There article that I wrote on Sonic Clash, I figured I'll go ahead and contribute some more little nuggets.


Family Guy makes me laugh so hard that I smile. South Park makes me laugh so hard that I cry. They are both two very funny shows, and I can't really choose which one is better than the other. I'm glad to see that Family Guy has gotten a lot better this season with more offensive humor and obscure pop culture flashbacks. South Park can be hit or miss, but when it's a hit, get ready to laugh hysterically. Last Wednesday's episode, The F Word, was classic South Park. If you can't stand motorcyclists and their obnoxious behavior, you have to check the episode right now at Southpark Studios.com.

Don't ever take yourself too seriously. It's okay to make fun of yourself every once in a while. Kudos to Marlee Matlin for her appearance on Seth McFarlane & Alex Borstein's comedy special on Sunday. Borstein was doing a real mean impersonation of Matlin singing Poker Face, beyond tasteless. But Matlin stormed the stage and gave it right back to Borstein. It was all in good fun, and made me truly appreciate Marlee Matlin more than I already do. If you haven't seen it already, here's the video below:


AC/DC released a new compilation today, and I'm glad I didn't have to go to Wal-Mart to buy it. I don't have $300 to shell out for advanced box set in which the actual case is a real amplifier. I paid $25 and got my money's worth with the 3 CD set. The first disc features 12 of their studio rarities, which are primarily some tunes only released on their Australian albums, and B-sides. The second disc features more live rarities. I gave the second disc a quick listen, and I must admit that even though I'm not the biggest fan of live recordings, these are pretty sweet. The third disc is the addendum to their previously released DVD set, Family Jewels. You get the videos released after The Razor's Edge. It starts with Big Gun (from The Last American Hero soundtrack) and ends with Anything Goes from their latest release, Black Ice. Definitely a must for AC/DC fans, and truly a bang for the buck.

As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I'm not the biggest fan of live albums. I prefer listening to studio versions of classic tunes. But there is one song that I would rather listen to live than the studio version, and that song is Let There Be Rock from AC/DC. It's always the personal highlight when I see the band live, and that kick-ass rhythm by Malcolm Young is priceless. To understand what I'm talking about, check the video below:

When is Robert Randolph & The Family Band's new album coming out? What, you don't know who Robert Randolph is? Shame on you. I think a blog article is due to educate you about NJ's premier steel guitarist.

I love trivia and board games, but get depressed that I can't purchase them because I don't have anybody to play with or who can compete with me. Sob, sob sob!


Come Golden Globes nomination time, I beg that they give a fair chance to Vincent Kartheiser who plays Pete Campbell on Mad Men for best supporting actor in a drama. He plays the character so well that even though Campbell is such a rotten human being, you have to love him. Kartheiser's mannerisms as Pete Campbell are amazing, and he carries every scene he is in. I always mark out when he appears on screen or when it's a Pete Campbell-focused episode. He deserves some props for his acting, he's twenty times the actor that January Jones is on that show.

Now that Disney owns the Muppets, why haven't they created a Muppet theme park yet? Isn't this a no-brainer?

Steve Guttenberg is now confirming a third movie in the Three Men And A Baby saga is in the works with Tom Selleck and Ted Danson. I'll believe it when I see the trailer. I can't really believe the Gutt, he also claimed a few years back that another Police Academy movie and Short Circuit 3 were also on the way. What ever happened to these movies that I'm sure everybody is dying for?


Stephen King's new book, Under The Dome, came out today. Now I'm not going to spend $35 to buy any hardcover book, but I'm truly excited to read it regardless of the fact that his last few books were God-awful (Remember From A Buick 8, Lisey's Story, and Cell?). Although, every time the master of horror has written a book of 1,000 pages or more, it's one of the best books I've ever read. Case in point: The Stand, The Dark Tower, and my favorite book of all time, It.

I'm asking you all to boycott the Karate Kid remake starring Will Smith's kid in order to not smear the Karate Kid franchise in the same way The Next Karate Kid did.

Does anybody out there remember Thursday Night Prime on HBO? You never knew which has-been actress would show her boobs each week.


Thanks to Bill Simmons for keeping me updated on the NBA, otherwise I would have no clue what's going on. For Chanukkah this year, I want somebody to shell out $30 and buy me his new book about the history of basketball. Pretty please!

Why can't I find a Dokken shirt in Hot Topic, or anywhere for that matter?

On that note, I'm off to the races. Hoping to get my Chiller #2 article done tomorrow. Yay, Glee returns tomorrow night to make me remember that I don't have to think too much about every TV show I watch.

Mikey

1 comment:

  1. Robert Randolph is the shit. I saw him open for Dave Matthews at Radio City six or seven years ago and I was blown away. He's much better live than on record, but I like a couple of his songs as well.

    I'm always down for a good board game! If only I wasn't three hours away LOL.

    ReplyDelete