More Of MisenPOPic!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Little Nuggets

Do you remember the 80's classic movie Lucas starring Corey Haim? If you do, that's awesome, so sit back and relax for a second. If you haven't, let me give you a quick premise. The movie is about a scrappy nerd named Lucas (played by one of the Coreys, Mr. Haim) who falls in love with the new girl in school, and decides to join the football team so he can become popular and win her affection. Like all high school movies back in the 80's the jocks were really mean to the nerds and came up with some crazy nicknames. Well, Lucas got stuck with the nickname of "leukoplakia". When asked by the hot girl (did I mention she was played by Kerri Green) to Lucas' friend what this term means, we find out it that it means cancer of the mouth. That term always stuck with me especially since I probably have the disease (no not literally, don't get nervous!). I can blabber on and on about random facts, and it probably comes across in my writing. I associate my inability to keep my mouth shut as a sign that I may have leukoplakia! In fact, it's happening once again. So I figured I'll keep things short and sweet today and just provide some bullet points of what I'm thinking at the moment.

--Don't tell me you haven't seen it coming already, but the 90's music nostalgia is going to hit us like a freight train this upcoming summer. Third Eye Blind, Everclear, Hanson, Sublime (who announced they are reunited, and this makes sense how?), Goo Goo Dolls, and the other commerical 90's acts are going to be all over the news. Trust me on this one!!!

--This Is It, the new Michael Jackson movie is now playing in theatres all across the country, and is getting rave reviews. I think I'll wait til the hype dies down to go see it. It has already made 2.2 million on it's opening night. When all is said and done, it will be one of the top 10 grossing movies of all time. Michael Jackson fans should be happy the movie is being released. Yet it sickens me how Sony makes a profit on his death, but didn't care to promote his last album when he was alive. Jermaine Jackson stays relevant for another day.

--RATT has announced their new album, Infestation, will hit stores in March. It's their first album since 1999, and features original members Stephen Pearcy, Warren DeMArtini, and Bobby Blotzer. Carlos Cavazo from Quiet Riot is also on board, as is Robbie Crane who has played bass on the road with them the past few years. I hope they celebrate the 25th anniversary of their classic album Out Of The Cellar in style, and put out a great album. Since Dokken and Motley Crue were successful recreating their old sound, I'm sure we'll get the same from Ratt. Now the question is, when is the new Cinderella album coming out?

--I just finished reading Hulk Hogan's new book after three days spent in Barnes & Noble. Got to feel for the Hulkster, he's had it rough the past few years. Unlike his last book which was done through the WWF, this book bares more of Hogan's soul. Hogan reveals some interesting facts about his wrestling career, but the main purpose of the book is to clear his soul and totally trash his ex-wife, Linda. Obviously, it's only one side of the story. But from what the Hulkster wrote, got to feel bad for the guy. He almost was another wrestling casualty. Hulk goes into detail about his depression and how he almost ended his life. Things are all good now, and he claims he's now saying his prayers and eating his vitamins. Highly recommeded, a good read indeed.

--I have this $50 gift card, and have to decided what to use it on. I think the Dexter action figure will look good next to my John Locke doll on my wall. Yes, I'm still a loser.

--The deal to interview Clayton Rohner from Just One Of The Guys might have fallen through, but I'm going to do my best. I still should be able to get an interview with my new friend, Geri Reischl. For those who haven't brushed up on their trivia, she was the "fake Jan Brady" on the Brady Variety Hour. Check it out:


--I got Fletch and some AC/DC related movie called Thunderstruck sitting on my living room table that I still have to watch. Yay, Blockbuster finally shipped two movies in the same week. Plus I've been going through the first season of Friday Night Lights like water.

--Remember the days when you would subscribe to a magazine and read it cover to cover? Or buy the USA Today and read each and every column and stat line? This was all before information overload took over, and now I struggle just to read my own blog.

On that note, I'm off to cram some more pop culture down my throat. So much time, and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it. How am I going to manage tagging my music, watching my TV shows, spending hours upon hours at a time reading books at Barnes & Noble when that baby arrives in April? Hey God, are you there, it's me Mikey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment