More Of MisenPOPic!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009!

Halloween is now officially a holiday for adults. Remember when it used to be about the kids? Not no more, not no more. More and more adults are dressing up these days. Bars and nightclubs are profiting with their annual Halloween costumes. Nerdy guys are hooking up with girls dressed like hookers only because their costumes are so original. Halloween has become a big time business. Just count all of the Halloween Warehouses that have sprung up in your local mall. Within a 2 mile radius, I've counted four Halloween shops. So as more and more adults are spending mad money on costumes, the kids just don't seem to care anymore. When I was a kid, I spent hours trick or treating, and we had so many kids come to our house that my mom would send me out to the store for more candy. Nowadays, I'll buy one bag of candy, and be lucky to have one person ring my doorbell. So I end up with a whole bag of candy bars for myself. It must just be because their parents are too hung over from their own Halloween costume parties the night before that they can't find the time to take their kids out on the town.

Every year I convince myself I am going to dress up for Halloween, and it usually never happens. I always have plenty of great ideas, but don't really have the time or money to shell out for a costume. Well that's going to change. I am making a vow right now that for my kid's first Halloween next year, I am going full throttle and dressing up. But for shits and giggles, let's say I was going to dress up this year, what would be my some costume ideas? Here's what I came up with:
1) Paul Stanley- This one is too obvious, but it also would be lot of fun. Buy the spandex pants, put the make-up on, and adorn a rock and roll wig that they now sell at Spencers for $10. Remember a few years back, it cost triple what it costs now to dress up.

2) Walter White from Breaking Bad- I'd wear a flannel shirt, a gas mask, tighty whitey underpants and pair of boots. That would be it. I'd probably go with a foam head covering, and go out as the "badass" Walter White. I've always wondered if you can get away with wearing tighty whities out to a club? I'm sure the girls would flock your way, but you'd have to probably stuff the front of your underwear. You'd also have to have a tight butt to make it work, and more importantly those briefs better be free of skidmarks.

3) Dexter- I've wanted to be Dexter two years in row, but it's not going to happen this year. Ironically, you can now buy the kill shirt for $35 on-line, so I guess people are thinking the same way as me. I would also spray blood dots on my head, wear latex gloves, and hold a fake dagger.


4) Freddy Rumsen from Mad Men- I'm all about the obscure costumes, because seriously who wants to be like everyone else and wear one of those tasteless costumes they sell at Spencer Gifts? I'd simply wear a three piece suit, with the water stain near my crotch. If you are fan of Mad Men, you'd know what I'm talking about. I would also dress up as a Pete Campbell or Roger Sterling. Don't be surprised to see a lot of Mad Men costumes this Halloween.

Jeez, I am losing my touch. These are the best ideas I can come up with? Maybe it's better I just fantasize about dressing up than actually doing it. Oh well, until Halloween 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment